A rich and buttery Very Berry Pound Cake made with vanilla bean seeds, is loaded with fresh and seasonal strawberries and blueberries.
This is a delicious classic pound cake, that is rich and buttery, to which I added vanilla bean seeds for a subtle vanilla flavor. Seasonal, fresh and fragrant strawberries and blueberries are added into the butter so that every slice of this Very Berry Pound Cake is bursting with juicy berries.
Just look at that amazing crumb! So rich, so buttery, it melts in your mouth! This Very Berry Pound Cake is fabulous on its own or it can be served with vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream and raspberry sauce!
- 1 pound butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 3 vanilla beans, seeds only or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¼ cup fresh sliced strawberries
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 300F.
- Grease with butter or baking spray a bundt cake pan and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter at medium speed until creamy for 5-6 minutes. Gradually add sugar and vanilla bean seeds or vanilla extract, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until combined.
- On low speed, add 2 cups of flour to the mixture, followed by the milk and ending with the remaining 2 cups of flour. Beat on low speed just until blended.
- With a spatula, stir in gently the strawberries and blueberries.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and level the surface with a spatula.
- Bake at 300° for 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack for 15 minutes, remove cake from pan, and cool completely on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve.