Creamy and cheesy Hash Brown Chicken Jalapeño Casserole loaded with spicy jalapeños, sweet corn, tender chicken and a delicious layer of hash browns.
This post has been sponsored by Hungry Jack. All text and opinion are my own. Thank you for reading.
Hello my friends and Happy Easter to my friends from Easter Europe, I hope you had a nice celebration over the weekend. I am currently soaking some sun and enjoying every second of my vacation. I am also day dreaming abut this creamy and cheesy Hash Brown Chicken Jalapeño Casserole that I wish I could’ve just pack and take it with me. Well, this Hash Brown Chicken Jalapeño Casserole is pretty amazing, layers and layers of delicious things like tender shredded chicken breast, sweet corn, spicy jalapeños, cheese, lots and lots of cheese and to make it even better everything is topped with a cheesy hash brown layer. Now, this is my type of meal! That super cheesy and creamy layer is made of ricotta cheese, heavy cream and mozzarella. I am absolutely in love with this Hash Brown Chicken Jalapeño Casserole and everyone in my family seems to have the same feelings towards it. This is the perfect casserole, hearty, filling, incredibly easy to make, spicy, cheesy and topped with a hefty amount of cheesy hash browns. I have used Hungry Jack Cheesy Hashbrown Potatoes and I absolutely loved them, super easy to prepare and I must say that they really made the dish. Some of the potatoes got crispy and added the perfect finish to the Hash Brown Chicken Jalapeño Casserole dish. Hash browns for dinners are the best, they make the dish so much more filling and I absolutely loved the fun and delicious twist they added. Hungry Jack has some amazing hash brown flavors that you must check, the new Black Pepper & Onion sounds fantastic. You can use this store locator to see where you can get your hands on some.
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 Jalapeños, cut into rondelle
- 1⅓ cups sweet corn
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 packages Hungry Jack Cheesy Hashbrowns
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Choose a cooking method for the chicken, it can either be grilled, boiled for 10 minutes, or cooked in the slow cooker. Leftover pulled chicken can also be used. Mine was slow cooked and shredded, a rotisserie chicken can also be used.
- Shred the chicken and add it to the bottom of a 9x9 inches baking dish. Top with 1 cup of sweet corn and the 2 jalapeños cut into rondelles. If you want to reduce the spiciness of this dish, remove the seeds from the peppers.
- In a medium sauce pan, over medium heat combine ricotta cheese, heavy cream and 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese. Stir until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth and combined, about 4-5 minutes. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken.
- Top with ⅓ cup of sweet corn and 8 ounces of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Cook hash browns per package direction and add them as the final top layer.
- Bake for 20 - 25 mins at 400F and broil for 2 minutes. Remove from oven, let the casserole stand at room temperature for 10-15 minutes, top with extra jalapeños (optional) and serve.