A very easy Persimmon Jam Recipe that can be used in cheesecakes or just spreaded on toast. This recipe will be ready in 35 minutes with only 4 ingredients.
Happy Monday my friends, how was your weekend? Mine was as usual, some working, some baking, napping with my sweet boy and eating way too much. I am starting the week with an easy Persimmon Jam recipe that you must definitely try!
I love persimmons so much, when I was still living in Moldova I remember buying these beauties wholesale with my parents. And by wholesale I mean that we were getting 30-40. We were just purely obsessed with them.
You are lucky that you only need 6 for this easy Persimmon Jam recipe because here in the states they cost way too much. The key to this easy Persimmon Jam recipe is to get ripe persimmons, otherwise you will get that unpleasantly astringent flavor and fuzzy texture. Don’t worry if you can’t find ripe persimmons at you local store, you can just buy them, and place them on your counter in a brown paper bag, they will be done in a few days. For this recipe I recommend very ripen persimmons, to the point of mushy.
This fruit is pure perfection to me, I love the color, the sweet taste and the aroma. The pulp is so sweet and delicious, I actually like to eat the skin as well. The easy Persimmon Jam recipe will leave you with a few cups of fabulous persimmon jam, that you can enjoy on buttery toast, biscuits, popovers or pancakes. The jam is also amazing in cheesecakes – keep an eye on the blog, I have an amazing one to share.
I also had some on top of oatmeal, and my son just basically eats it by spoon!
With just a few ingredients you can make this easy Persimmon Jam recipe so you can have it on had for many delicious recipes. By the way, try this jam with a sharp cheddar cheese, the combination is amazing. Or pour it on some melted goat cheese and top it with some nuts, you will see how mind blowing this combo is!
- 1 cup persimmon puree (6 large persimmons, peeled)
- 1 cup sugar
- Juice of one lemon
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- Peel the persimmons, chop and place in a food processor. Pulse until you are left with a smooth puree.
- Transfer persimmon puree into a medium saucepan over medium-high heat and add the sugar. Boil for 15 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, mix water and corn starch until the corn starch is dissolved. Add the mixture to the persimmon puree followed by the lemon juice and boil on low - medium heat for another 15 minutes, (stirring occasionally), or until slightly thickened.
- Let the jam cool down to room temperature.
- Pour into sterilized jars and seal, store in the freezer. Or pour into mason jars, that can be closed airtight and store in the refrigerator for immediate consumption.