CHIPOTLE SAUCE IS GREAT ON SALADS, AS A DIPPING SAUCE AND EVEN AS A MARINADE. SPICY, CREAMY AND REFRESHING, READY IN JUST 5 MINUTES.
Chipotle Sauce Recipe will take you 5 minutes to prepare and you can enjoy it right away on your favorite salad. This sauce is a staple in our house, its incredibly creamy and flavorful with just the right amount of spiciness. Packed with fresh cilantro, the Chipotle Sauce is also refreshing, you can go ahead and add some lime zest to it, for a more citrusy flavor. I like to pour it over chicken salads, smother it inside wraps, use it as a delicious sauce for homemade wings, and also as a marinade for different chicken dishes. You can make a double batch from the start, as it can be refrigerated for up to 1 month. You can also replace the pesto in this Chicken Kabobs Recipe and make Chipotle Chicken Kabobs.
Tips and Tricks to make the perfect Chipotle Sauce :
- When making mayo based sauce I recommend using full fat mayo, you can totally make a “skinnier” version by using Fat Free Mayo, but please be aware that the sauce will be a bit more watery.
- You can use either sour cream or whole milk greek yogurt, I like both options, but prefer the sour cream as it adds a bit more tanginess to the sauce.
- Using fresh cilantro is key, please don’t try to substitute, the fresher the better. Make sure your cilantro is washed and towel dried.
- You can adjust the spiciness as you please by adding more or less chipotle peppers in adobo sauce. I usually add 2, but if you like the sauce extra spicy add more. The more peppers and sauce you add, the spicier the sauce will get and also the color will be more red.
- The cumin and coriander compliment the sauce nicely, you can also add a little fresh lime zest for a more citrusy and refreshing flavor.
- If you want to customize the sauce even more, a few garlic cloves will add a nice punch of flavor too.
Tools/ingredients that I used to make the Best Chipotle Sauce Recipe:
- Food Processor – a life saver in so many ways, it will save you so much time in the kitchen
- Chipotle Pepper in Adobo Sauce – can be found in most grocery stores, in the Latin section usually.
- Ground Cumin – perfect addition to your spice rack, it is used in many Mexican dishes. Here are some interesting benefits that cumin provides.
- Ground Coriander – another great spice to add to your collection, it is used in many recipes. Here are some interesting benefits that cumin provides.
Chipotle Sauce is great on salads, as a dipping sauce and even as a marinade. Spicy, creamy and refreshing, ready in just 5 minutes.
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce canned
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup plain Whole Milk Greek yogurt or Full Fat sour cream
- 1/2 cup cilantro chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon ground coriander
- Kosher salt to taste
Add all the ingredients to a blender or food processor and puree until smooth, about 2-3 minutes or until the mixture is fully combined and creamy.
Pour into a jar and refrigerate for up to 1 month.
Enjoy on salads, as a dipping sauce or even a meat marinade.