Cherry Sauce Pork Chops are tender, juicy and ready in less than 30 minutes, served with fresh Cherry Corn Salsa with crunchy radishes and creamy avocado.
With warmer weather heating us, I am craving more and more meals that are hearty, delicious and are the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Cherry Sauce Pork Chops for dinner are the perfect solution. Especially when it takes only less than 30 minutes to make such a delicious and gourmet meal.
I also made a delicious Cherry Corn Salsa to go along with the pork. Juicy cherries, crunchy radishes, sweet corn and creamy avocado are combined in the perfect salsa bowl. The flavors and the textures are beautiful in this salsa and it compliments very well the Cherry Sauce Pork Chops that are juicy and caramelized.
For the pork I used Smithfield All Natural Boneless Pork Chops. Smithfield All Natural Pork Chops are naturally tender and juicy without added steroids, hormones or artificial ingredients and proudly raised in the USA by Smithfield farm families.
The Cherry Sauce Pork Chops turned out outstanding, cooked in a buttery sauce made with brown sugar and cherries, the pork chops are super tender and delicious. The Cherry Corn Salsa is sweet and refreshing and the perfect compliment to the pork chops.
- For the Pork:
- 1 Smithfield All Natural Boneless Pork Chops (5 pork chops)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ brown sugar
- 1 cup frozen cherries, thawed*
- salt and pepper
- For the Salsa:
- 1 cup sweet yellow corn
- ⅓ frozen cherries, thawed*
- 3 radishes
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and pepper
- On a paper towel or plate, salt and pepper both sides of the pork chops.
- Place a medium-large cast iron skillet over medium heat, once the skillet is warm add the butter to it, when the butter is almost melted and the brown sugar, cook for 1-2 minutes, stirring continuously until the sugar is dissolved, and the cherries and cook for another minute. A sauce will be created.
- Add the seasoned pork chops to the skillet and cook 3-4 minutes on one side and then 3-4 minutes on the other side. If you prefer a more caramelized top, cook for 1 extra minute. Stir the cherries and the sauce while cooking and with a spoon also pour it over the pork chops.
- Remove the skillet from heat and set aside.
- Add the yellow corn to a bowl, followed by the thawed cherries. Clean and slice the radishes and add them to the bowl. Remove the seed from the avocado, slice the avocado and add to the bowl. Season with lime juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Serve the salsa over the pork chops.