An easy dinner of zucchini noodles in spicy, creamy avocado sauce topped with lemon, peppery tilapia takes only 20 minutes to make.
This post has been sponsored by Bumble Bee SuperFresh. All opinions and text belong to Peas & Peonies.
Guys, I just can’t contain my excitement, finally it seems like spring is here to stay, and I am counting the days to our Mexican getaway. First things first, I need to fit into the swimsuits that I got, and while I love an indulgent dessert, I also appreciate a good light meal full of nutrients. I finally bought a spiralizer and tried my hand at zucchini noodles that I covered in a spicy and creamy avocado sauce, because, avocado makes everything better. I topped the zucchini noodles with tilapia with lemon, pepper and herbs as my protein of choice.
This light, refreshing and delicious lunch or dinner, will take you only 20 minutes to make. Its so easy and it tastes fabulous. The raw zucchini noodles pair perfectly with the spicy avocado sauce made with jalapenos, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and basil.
All those flavors complement beautifully the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper and Herbs. What a difference fresh lemon makes! Combined with Extra Virgin Olive Oil, shallots, black pepper and other natural ingredients, the fresh flavor of premium tilapia shines.
This is my second time partnering with Bumble Bee SuperFresh® as I am in love with their products. You can’t beat the convenience, I always have some in my freezer for quick and delicious dinners. Bumble Bee SuperFresh® is a complete line of naturally-seasoned, restaurant quality, “fish-forward” prepared seafood solutions for the home. It raises the bar for what seafood lovers can expect from frozen food!
All of their seafood is no mess, and no fuss, just pure perfection, time after time. The premium Salmon and Tilapia come with their own parchment paper baking pouch and go from freezer to table in under 25 minutes. High in protein, richly seasoned with pure and simple ingredients that let the fish shine through! You simply defrost in your fridge for approximately 3 hours and it is ready to plate. I absolutely love the convenience of those parchment pouches, I don’t even have to worry about having some on hand as they are included.
This is such a perfect spring dish, I love the bright colors and the light taste, while still satisfying. Lower in carbs and loaded with flavors and textures, the zucchini noodles with the spicy, creamy avocado sauce and the tilapia are the perfect solution for a quick and light dinner.
You can find Bumble Bee SuperFresh® in the frozen seafood section, typically near the seafood counter, at your local grocery store. You can use this store locator to look for the product.
- 1 medium yellow zucchini, spiralized
- 1 medium green zucchini, spiralized
- 1 Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Tilapia with Lemon, Pepper & Herbs package (2 filets), defrosted
- Avocado Sauce:
- 2 ripe avocados
- 2 jalapenos, chopped, seeds removed and discarded
- juice of 1 lemon
- 6-7 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- salt and pepper
- 2 cherry tomatoes, chopped
- fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Cook fish per package instructions, by placing in the provided parchment paper pouches and baking for 18 minutes.
- In the meantime, wash and spiralize the zucchinis, distribute equally into 2 medium pasta bowls.
- Place all the ingredients for the avocado sauce in a food processor and process until well combined, stop and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Pour the avocado sauce over the zucchini noodles, stir to combine, top with the baked fish.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, basil leaves and serve.