Hi guys and Happy Friday! Today’s Weekly Food Highlights post is summer on a plate, filled with so many delicious, colorful and amazing recipes that you just have to try this summer. My summer so far has been filled with way too much good food, and it still keeps coming! I got the opportunity to attend the Summer Fancy Food Show in NYC in June and I think I am still stuffed. The food show is the biggest in North America and is packed with vendors that just want to feed you. I have tried so many delicious things, that I still think I am in a food coma.
We did also some travel in June, a short trip to Vermont as Basin Harbor Club, which was filled again with out of this world food, breathtaking views and just a tranquility that we miss so much in NYC. You can read here about our amazing experience, but be aware you will probably end up packing and driving to VT tonight!
In terms of food, here is what you might’ve missed:
- A gorgeous and so flavorful Mandarin Olive Oil Cake – that was actually made with mandarin infused olive oil!
- My red peppers Feta Dip that you can eat with veggies or just with a spoon! Its that good!
- Cherry Ricotta Loaf – this recipe is foolproof and it’s the perfect treat with your coffee or tea!
- Mini Pavlovas – these are so darn cute, actually super easy to make, and taste amazing filled with lemon custard and fruits!
- If you love potatoes, you have to try this Bacon Feta Potato Salad – it’s so hearty that it can pass as dinner!
- For a healthy refreshing treat, try this easy to make Mint Pineapple Granita that is made with Bhakti sparkling tea and it’s also vegan!
- Farmers markets are filled with strawberries, put them to good use in this Vanilla Bean Strawberry Curd which you can later use in these Strawberry Lava Cakes!
Have a nice weekend filled with good food and good weather!