Wow your dinner guests with this aromatic Rioja wine rosemary and garlic crusted beef that is so simple to make and complete with a beautiful presentation.
The holiday season is in full swing. Before you know it your kitchen will be pumping out glorious platters of food and your dining room will be bustling with friends and family from near and far, these Rosemary and Garlic Crusted Beef is perfect for those occasions. But let’s not forget the drinks and I have a very good wine to share with you today. A wine that you can use for cooking, and also to enjoy while the food gets done.
You don’t have to break the bank on wine for your holiday dinner and no need stress out about ten different bottles of wine to pair with each course. Choose from juicy rosado wines, crisp blancos, or elegant reds ranging from lighter to robust with spice. They would all go well with this Rosemary and Garlic Crusted Beef and will be great options for your guests.
To celebrate the holidays make this mouthwatering beef roast perfect with Rioja Reserva wines. Rioja’s Reserva and Gran Reserva wines are made from the best vintages and are aged in the bottles by the winemakers before release so you don’t have to. Aged at least three years, and usually longer, before release, these wines have refined character.These wines are ideal with tender, slow roasted game meats and flavorful, hearty beef dishes.The fruits and cracked pepper hints of the wine are a perfect match with the herbal rosemary and garlic that becomes caramelized with this roast as it cooks. Its earthier tones are also a delicious fit with the mushroom and pan glaze that this holiday star is served with.Wow your dinner guests with this aromatic rosemary and garlic roast that is so simple to make and complete with a beautiful presentation paired with Rioja Reserva wines.
The Holiday Flavors of Rioja: Rosemary & Garlic Crusted Beef
Wow your dinner guests with this aromatic Rioja wine rosemary and garlic roast that is so simple to make and complete with a beautiful presentation.
Author: Katalina Kastravet
Recipe type: Dinner
- 3 lbs Rib Eye roast
- about ¼ cup Fresh rosemary, chopped, or other favorite herbs
- about ¼ cup Garlic, chopped
- Salt, pepper, to taste
- 4 cups of a variety of Mushrooms, sliced to about the same size
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 cup of stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Tie meat.
- Preheat to 350
- Season meat with salt and pepper.
- Heat up a skillet with cooking oil and sear all side of the meat.
- Mix together rosemary and garlic.
- Coat the meat with herb-garlic mixture.
- Roast in the preheated oven until medium-rare, about 20 minutes.
- Saute the mushrooms with butter until cooked through and then season with salt and pepper.
- Remove meat from the skillet it was cooked in and bring the pan to the stovetop. Add stock to the pan and deglaze the pan, being sure to scrape the bits on the bottom. Allow to simmer until thick.
- Add the mushrooms to the sauce and serve the roast sliced with accompanying mushroom sauce. Garnish serving platter with fresh rosemary if desired.