With Maggiano’s Meatballs recipe you can make perfect restaurant style meatballs in the comfort of your home. Serve with marinara sauce and spaghetti.
Maggiano’s Meatballs are my favorite item on the menu at Maggiano’s Little Italy. They are always flavorful and filling, served with tangy marinara sauce over delicious spaghetti, its comfort food at its best. Since I love the Maggiano’s Meatballs so much, but the closest restaurant is a good 40 minutes drive, I decided to try my best and make a homemade version. I must say that I was pleased with how good they tasted.
These Maggiano’s Meatballs were a breeze to make, I am so happy that I gave them a try, now they are a staple in our home. To my husband’s delight we can now enjoy some delicious taste of little Italy whenever we please.
We used to have a family tradition and go to Maggiano’s Little Italy every Christmas, the atmosphere is always so festive and so inviting. The food is always delicious, made with care and love. This restaurant always makes me feel at home, I just wish we had one closer. We have so many favorites from their menu, the Tiramisu cake is hands down one of the best, and the generous slice is always welcomed! The fried zucchini with that delicious dipping sauce are out of this world.
I went ahead and tried my hand at Maggiano’s Marinara Sauce, that turned out absolutely fabulous. So perfect, tangy, full of flavor and texture from the veggies. I must make a huge batch and just always have it on hand in the fridge. Stay tuned, I am working on another post where I will share the recipe for the Marinara Sauce. Believe me, its delicious over some spaghetti!
- 20 ounces ground beef
- 6-8 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg
- 8 tablespoons milk
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, finely chopped
- ¾ cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium bowl combine Parmesan cheese with garlic, bread crumbs, salt and pepper. Once combined add the beef, followed by the egg, milk, basil and parsley . Mix well by hand until all the ingredients are well combined. Adjust the salt and pepper to taste.
- Form 16 evenly sized meatballs. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the meatballs on each side for a few minutes, just until browned.
- Transfer meatballs to a baking dish and continue cooking in the oven for 10-12 minutes.