Hummus Flatbread Pizza is a very easy way to enjoy a quick, easy, delicious and nutritious lunch or dinner. Topped with hummus and lots of veggies.
I have a thing for quick and delicious lunches or dinners like this Hummus Flatbread Pizza that it’s so easy to make and packs tons of flavors and textures. Today I will share with you my favorite way of eating hummus! Boar’s Head Hummus is a must have this holiday season, either you use it as a dip or to fix quick and delicious meals!
The Roasted Red Pepper flavor is my personal favorite and this is the one I used on my Hummus Flatbread Pizza.
What I love most about Hummus Flatbread Pizza, is the versatility and how quick it can be made. I usually use whole wheat flatbreads to make my meals more nutritious. I highly recommend to toast your flatbread in the oven for 3-4 minutes, it makes a huge difference in texture.
Now, use some great hummus – like Boar’s Head Hummus, and spread a hefty amount on your flatbread, top with you favorite toppings. Some great toppings for Hummus Flatbread Pizza if you want to keep it vegan are:
- caramelized mushrooms and onions
- roasted red pepper
- avocado and red pepper flakes
- sliced black olives
- crunchy radishes and cucumbers
- fresh tomatoes or fire roasted tomatoes
- grilled zucchini
- sweet corn & broccoli – such a great combo
If you are building a protein packed Hummus Flatbread Pizza and if you eat meat here are some topping suggestions:
- leftover grilled chicken – always have some on hand for quick meals
- capers and smoked salmon with fresh dill, a drizzle of olive oil and lemon zest
- fresh mozzarella san sausage – broil it for a few minutes for that cheese to melt!
As you can see the possibilities are limitless! Don’t forget to drizzle some high quality olive oil on top of your Hummus Flatbread Pizza! For extra flavor, use an infused olive oil, like Rosemary olive oil or Red Pepper Olive Oil!
- 1 flatbread
- 5 tablespoons of hummus
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 avocado, pitted and sliced
- ½ onion, sliced
- ½ red pepper, sliced
- 1 radish, sliced
- Place flatbread on a baking sheet and toast it under the broiler for 3 minutes.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add the olive oil. Once the oil is hot add the sliced onion and sliced red pepper. Sauté for 7 minutes, until onion turns a golden brown color and the red pepper is tender. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Spread hummus onto the flatbread.
- Top with caramelized onions and red peppers.
- Top with sliced avocado and sliced radish.
- Serve immediately.