How To Make Oreo Buttercream using crushed Oreos, this frosting is creamy and delicious, perfect for cakes and cupcakes.
If you love Oreos, knowing How To Make Oreo Buttercream is a must. Well, facts are facts and Oreo Buttercream is truly amazing, you can literally eat it with a spoon, heck if I wouldn’t have to worry about my soon to come tropical vacation I would even spread this buttercream on toast, its that good. Part of a new blog series on Icings and Frostings I am going to tell you How To Make Oreo Buttercream that you can use on cakes, cupcakes, or even trifles. I am sure you will put it to good use.
This Oreo Buttercream is sweet, rich and fluffy and loaded with crushed oreo cookies. Its like eating an unbelievably creamy oreo cookie. I have used it on cakes so far and on cupcakes, and I am telling you this is the only Oreo Buttercream recipe you will ever need. If you have children make sure you put it somewhere very high or lock it, as they won’t be able to keep their little fingers from it.
- 2½ cups butter
- 8 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups Oreo crumbs (about 30 Oreos)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Extra Oreo crumbs for garnish
- Mini Oreo cookies for garnish
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the wire attachment, beat together butter until smooth.
- Slowly add 4 cups of powdered sugar and mix until smooth. Pause to scrape the sides of the bowl. Add vanilla extract, Oreo crumbs and remaining sugar, mix until smooth.
- Add milk 1 tablespoon at a time, until you get a smooth, desired consistency.
- Use immediately or cover and refrigerate up to three days. To use, once refrigerated, slowly allow to reach room temperature and then beat on low speed for just a few minutes, until the buttercream is smooth before using.