This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Boar’s Head. All opinions are 100% mine.
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Ham with Orange Glaze is an amazingly flavorful and refreshing way to easily cook ham to juicy perfection in your slow cooker.
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Ham with Orange Glaze is so incredibly flavorful and delicious. It is perfect to make for a springtime get together as the sweet and fresh flavors truly shine. I like to serve it with mashed potatoes, biscuits and a warm green bean salad. This Slow Cooker Brown Sugar Ham with Orange Glaze is so easy to make, which gives you more time to do more fun things than spending extra time in the kitchen. With sweet brown sugar notes and a beautiful citrus finish, this ham will be a hit with everyone, either you choose to serve it for brunch or dinner!
- Choose the best ham, I like Boar’s Head Sweet Slice®Boneless Smoked Ham which is gluten and milk free, plus it has the exceptional flavor of a traditional bone-in ham without the bone, which makes slicing so much easier
- Another reason why I prefer Boar’s Head Sweet Slice® Ham is because Boar’s Head Brand produces high quality products that you can trust
- Boar’s Head Sweet Slice® Ham is perfect for any special occasion whether you choose the half or full ham, it all depends how many people you intend to feed
- Using Boar’s Head Brown Sugar & Spice Glaze will take the ham to a whole different level, by adding to it a caramelized, delicious flavor
- Using fresh orange zest will add a refreshing citrusy flavor, which screams spring to me
- Using fresh orange juice and orange slices will add another flavor palette and will balance the savory part of the dish
- Using the orange marmalade is optional, but I find that it works nicely with the brown sugar in this recipe
- Very easy to make so you can spend more time entertaining not cooking
- Delicious flavor and texture, the brown sugar and orange combo is fantastic
- Made in the slow cooker so you can set it up and forget it about it until it’s time to serve it
- Perfect springtime or Easter main dish, it will be a crowd pleaser
- Slow Cooker – makes life o much easier, set it, forget it and serve it when ready!
- Boar’s Head Sweet Slice® Ham – I used the half ham for this recipe, and it was perfect for our family get together
- Boar’s Head Brown Sugar & Spice Glaze – adds extra brown sugar flavor to the ham
- Orange Marmalade – adds extra orange flavor to the ham
- ½ fully cooked Boar’s Head Sweet Slice® Boneless Smoked Ham
- 2½ cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 3 tablespoons grated orange peel, from about 2 oranges
- 12 ounces orange marmalade
- 5 tablespoons Boar’s Head Brown Sugar & Spice Glaze*
- 3 orange slices
- In a medium bowl combine: 2 cups brown sugar, 2 cups orange juice, 3 tablespoons orange zest and 8 ounces of orange marmalade, whisk to combine.
- If the ham is not pre-sliced, slice it, one inch from the bottom/flat side, so the slices are still holding together. Place ham flat side down in the slow cooker. Pour the brown sugar orange mixture over it.
- Spread the remaining orange marmalade and Boar’s Head Brown Sugar & Spice Glaze in between the slices.
- Top the ham with the remaining ½ cup of brown sugar, rub it well into the ham. Top with orange slices.
- Put lid on slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours, or high for 2 hours. Since the ham is pre-cooked, you're are only heating it up and melding the flavors into it. Cooking too long will just dry it out.
- During the cooking process, lift the lid a few times and using a ladle pour the juices over the ham in order to keep it moist.
- Once ready, slice ham and serve.
- Store ham in an airtight container filled with the brown sugar orange glaze mixture from the slow cooker.
For further inspiration visit Boar’s Head website.