Homemade Olive Bread stuffed with cheddar cheese, black olive bruschetta spread and minced garlic, topped with mozzarella cheese and baked to perfection.
Here I have for you an easy homemade Cheddar and Olive Bread, that is loaded with layers of cheddar cheese, stuffed with Black Olive Bruschetta Spread, garlic and topped with melted mozzarella cheese. Now what can be better than homemade fluffy bread that has been stuffed with cheese and topped with extra cheese?!
Man, this bread is the bomb, I am telling you, you guys have to try it, it will make the most amazing appetizer. Cheesy, garlicky, fluffy, it’s all sorts of fabulous, and you know what’s best? You can eat it as it is, or you can go crazy and make a grilled cheese using it! This Cheddar Cheese Olive Bread is such a delicious compliment to any meal.
If you never worked with yeast, don’t be afraid, the recipe is foolproof, easy to follow and you can even go ahead and use it as your base, changing the stuffings as you like.
If you like homemade bread you should try these:
- ½ tablespoon Dry Active Yeast
- 1¾ cups warm water
- 4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- ½ tablespoons salt
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Black Olive Bruschetta (store bought)
- 1 garlic head about 8 cloves, minced
- 6 ounces mozzarella cheese
- In a large bowl mix salt and flour and set aside.
- Add water to a medium bowl, stir in sugar until dissolved and add yeast, let the mixture sit for 5-7 minutes for the yeast to bloom. The water should be tap warm, not hot.
- Give the yeast mixture a stir and add it to the flour mixture, knead by hand or using a mixer. The dough will be a little sticky, but it should come off the walls of the bowl. If its still very, very sticky add ½ cup of flour. Knead until all flour is well combined, about 7-10 minutes. Cover the dough with a dry, clean kitchen towel, put it in a warm place and let it rise for 1-2 hours.
- To speed this process, I usually turn the oven to 300F and place the bowl on top of the stove or close to the stove, since its warmer.
- Once the dough tripled in size, sprinkle some flour on a flat surface and knead it for 1 minutes. Let it rest on the working surface for 10-15 minutes and using a rolling pin dusted with flour roll it into a circle or oval shape. The dough must be ½ inch thick.
- Spray a loaf pan with baking spray and set aside.
- Top the dough disc with the Black Olive Bruschetta spread 2 inches from the sides, followed by minced garlic and shredded cheddar cheese. Roll the dough into a loaf and transfer to the loaf pan.
- Let it rest for another hour or 1½ hours. The loaf will double in size.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a kitchen brush, spread the melted butter on top of the loaf and bake for 45 - 50 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the bread comes out clean.
- Top with the melted mozzarella cheese and broil for 1-2 minutes, until cheese is golden brown and bubbly. Watch it closely not to burn the cheese.
- Remove bread from oven and let it cool in the pan for one hour.
- Remove from pan, slice and enjoy.