Homemade Slow Cooker Apple Cider made easy by your slow cooker, packs beautiful fall flavors and will make your house smell amazing. Made in the InstantPot.
There is nothing more comforting during cold fall and winter days, then a cup of homemade apple cider. This Slow Cooker Apple Cider is very flavorful and it’s so easy to make, that you will never go back to store bought. Fresh, crisp delicious apples, a few pears, and comforting fall flavors like cinnamon, cloves and star anise are added to the slow cooker to create the most comforting drink ever!
A fresh orange and orange peel is added into the mix as well, and the slow cooker will do it’s magic. Once the Slow Cooker Apple Cider is done, all you have to do is stir in some sugar until Slow Cooker Apple Cider, pour yourself a huge cup, cuddle under a blanket and enjoy the magical smell of your house and the fantastic, delicious and festive drink that you just created!
- 7 medium apples (I used gala and fuji apples), washed
- 2 pears
- 1 whole orange (do not peel) + peel of an extra orange, washed
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 whole nutmegs
- 1 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 star anise
- 12 cups water
- ½ - 1 cup brown sugar or other sweeter of choice
- Cut apples, pears and orange into quarters. Don't worry about removing seeds or stems, also the fruits should be unpeeled as it adds more flavor.
- Add the cut fruits to the bowl of your slow cooker (I used an InstantPot).
- Add the cinnamon sticks, nutmeg, cloves, extra orange peel and star anise. Cover with water, filling the slow cooker until it is almost full.
- If you have an InstantPot select the Slow Cooker function and program it for 4 hours.
- If you have a regular slow cooker, cook it on high for 4 hours.
- In both options, after 4 hours of cooking, open the slow cooker, and using thongs mash the fruits, stir well and return to cooking for one extra hour.
- Once cooked, using a fine mesh strainer, strain out the apple cider juice and transfer into a pitcher. Stir in your desired amount of sugar until it is dissolved, taste and adjust the amount of sweetness based on your preference.
- Serve hot.
- The cider should be stored in a closed container and can be refrigerated for up to 5 days.
- Rewarm the cider before serving.
My type of drink!