Coffee Brownies are made with instant coffee for a deep and shining java flavor, loaded with chewy walnuts these are the perfect dessert.
Coffee Brownies to the rescue in the morning! There is nothing better than to start a Monday morning with sweet and fudgy brownies that pack a good amount of chocolate and java to wake you up! Mind me, I love dessert for breakfast!
Chocolate and coffee are best served together, and I will tell you a secret, I have a brownie obsession! For a long time they have been my dessert of choice when it comes to have a sweet bite with my coffee. These Coffee Brownies are dense and decadent, with a nice chewiness from the walnuts. To make the Coffee Brownies “coffee” flavor shine, I added NESCAFÉ Taster’s Choice instant coffee to the batter, and OMG it made all the difference.
NESCAFÉ® Taster’s Choice® recently updated their packaging from plastic canisters to glass jars that not only lock in more freshness but also looks as good as it tastes. NESCAFÉ® Taster’s Choice® believes that the choices we make matter. That’s why they choose to use responsibly sourced beans, then roast, brew, and flash freeze their coffee to lock in freshness. All you have to do to unlock the rich flavor is simply add water. In short, it is well-crafted coffee made simple. Offering 6 delicious flavors and roasts in two convenient formats—the glass jar and the stick packs— there is something for every taste and mood. I loathe having the instant coffee always on hand, it makes me so in control of when I want my cup of java, and I can make a good one in seconds!
- Chocolate Mousse Brownies
- Pomegranate Mousse Brownies
- Peanut Butter Mousse Brownies
- Red Velvet Creme Brulee Brownies
- Cognac Brownies
- Slutty Cheesecake Brownies
Now, make the Walnut Coffee Brownies and dive into the amazing combination of chocolate and coffee along a hot cup of NESCAFÉ Taster’s Choice Instant Coffee.
- Soft butter or baking spray, for greasing the pan
- 8 large eggs
- 1½ cup light brown sugar
- 2 cups sugar
- 16 ounces / 4 sticks unsalted butter, melted
- 2 cups cocoa, sifted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup hot coffee
- ¾ cup instant coffee powder/granules
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cups walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place a baking sheet (parchment paper) in an 9x12 inch pan so it covers the bottom and 2 sides (to facilitate the brownie removal). Butter the pan and set aside.
- Measure ¼ of hot water, add to it 1 teaspoon instant coffee. Set aside.
- In a mixer fitted with the wire whisk attachment, beat the eggs at medium speed until fluffy and light yellow, add the white and brown sugar and beat until combined. Add remaining ingredients except chopped walnuts, and mix to combine.
- With a spatula, stir in the walnuts.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 35-40 minutes. Check for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the pan, it should come out with just a few crumbles attached. I find that 40 minutes in my oven for this recipe is perfect timing.
- When done, remove from oven and place the pan on a cooling rack.
- Once cooled, cut and serve!
Walnut Coffee Brownies and coffee for a winning day!