PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef Recipe Copycat is the easiest way to have a flavorful and delicious restaurant style dinner at home in 30 minutes!
PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef Recipe has been a long time on my to do list. Over the weekend we went to PF’ Chang for lunch and had a bunch of dishes, and the Mongolian Beef was one of them. I must say that it was an instant favorite, my husband requested that I make PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef Recipe immediately, he loved it so much!
I also made a video for you guys, to show you how I make this recipe:
PF Chang’s Mongolian Beef Recipe is one of the easiest copycat recipes you can make at home. It requires simple ingredients, that you probably have on hand if you like asian inspired dishes. The recipe comes together in 30 minutes, so basically you can have a restaurant style dinner ready in 30 minutes.
It is very important that you use good quality beef. I got my flank steak at Whole Foods and it had the perfect texture. The sauce is very flavorful, the perfect combination of sweet and savory. Before you start cooking this dish, make sure you start cooking your rice, so its ready right in time when you finish cooking the Mongolian beef.
My three year old is obsessed with rice, so he gladly chowed down on his favorite rice and beef dish as well! It makes me happy when I can make such a delicious dinner that my family loves, and its actually very easy to pull together!
- 1 pound flank steak, thinly sliced across the grain
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced on diagonal into 1 inch pieces
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup dark brown sugar
- ½ cup water
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- In a medium sauce pan over low/medium heat add two tablespoons of vegetable oil, followed by the garlic and ginger, cook and stir for 30 seconds and whisk in the brown sugar, soy sauce and water. Cook until slightly thickened, about 5-10 minutes, set aside.
- Add the sliced flank steak to a large bowl and mix with the cornstarch until the cornstarch is evenly distributed.
- Heat 1 cup of vegetable oil in a large saucepan, once hot add beef and fry until browned and cooked through, about 1-2 minutes. Stir the meat around a little so that it cooks evenly. Transfer beef to a paper towel-lined plate and discard the oil from the skillet.
- Add beef back to the skillet, add the soy sauce mixture and cook over medium heat until sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes. Stir in green onions. Garnish with sesame seeds (optional).
- Serve immediately over rice.