A 30 minutes dinner of Oven Roasted Mahi Mahi in olive oil and lemon juice, served with roasted cherry tomatoes and asparagus is healthy and delicious.
Happy Monday! How was everyone’s weekend? Mine ended up being pretty amazing as my father flu from Moldova! Its always great when family is around, and to greet him I made some Oven Roasted Mahi Mahi with Roasted Cherry Tomatoes and Asparagus.
Another highlight of my weekend? We finally got a storage unit! I know, you may be wondering why I am so excited over a storage unit? But hear me out, I am a total clean freak, my house has to be neatly organized, with everything having its place, and by everything I really mean EVERYTHING. Living in a two bedroom apartment and having a 3 year old boy, we accumulated lots of stuff: baby toys, so many baby essentials that we currently don’t use, but still want to keep for when baby number two comes.
All that stuff kept pilling into boxes in my closets and it started driving me crazy, so I convinced my husband that we need a storage unit. Finally, this weekend we scored a good deal and got one, a pretty small one, but enough to fit my stuff, and there is still some spare space left. Now I can finally breath in my house, it already feels so much cleaner and I love it that I can actually walk into my closet without stumbling on boxes.
This weekend was also filled with good food and wine. My parents make their own wine and my father brought 29 bottles! Yes, half of my fridge is full with wine now! I knew that my father will be bringing the wine, thats why a fish dinner felt so appropriate. This Oven Roasted Mahi Mahi is incredibly easy to make. This is a perfect meal for when you are in a hurry, it takes 30 minutes only from start to finish, its tasty, healthy and full of flavor.
This Oven Roasted Mahi Mahi starts with frozen Mahi Mahi filets, if you can find fresh fish even better, but the frozen filets are very good as well, make sure you let them thaw. Drizzled with lemon juice, sea salt, black pepper, rubbed with garlic and olive oil, the fish is packed with flavor. The fillets are flaky and delicious, I added some mini cherry tomatoes to the pan, I adore them roasted and they pair so well with the fish.
- Olive oil for brushing and oiling the pan
- 2 lb. mahi mahi fillets, fresh or thawed if frozen
- 2 lemons
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest
- 8 garlic cloves, minced
- Coarse kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 lb. fresh this asparagus
- fresh thyme
- crumbled feta - optional
- Preheat an oven to 400°F.
- Lay the bottom of a baking pan with parchment paper and brush with olive oil, then add the fish filets to the pan.
- Brush the fish fillets all over with olive oil, rub in the lemon zest and garlic, then squeeze the juice from 1 lemon over the fish. Season with sea salt and fresh ground pepper. Top with thyme and roast until the fish fillets are just opaque in the center, about 13-15 minutes.
- Snap off the woody ends of the asparagus and discard.
- In another baking pan, add the asparagus, drizzle with olive oil, juice of half lemon, sea salt and pepper. Toss the asparagus to evenly coat with oil.
- Roast on the top rack of the oven for just 10-15 minutes for a mildly cooked asparagus.
- Remove fish from oven, discard the thyme wedges and top with fresh thyme wedges and juice from the remaining half lemon. Serve immediately with the roasted tomatoes and asparagus topped with feta crumbles.