Easy and delicious salmon and risotto dinner that is ready in under 25 minutes. Flavorful and perfect for fancy and super quick weekly dinners.
I am sure you don’t want to spend Friday night laboring in the kitchen to get dinner ready. If you are like me, all you need is a warm blanket, a good movie, some wine and a dinner recipe that is date night worthy and is ready in under 25 minutes. I got you covered, today I am sharing a delicious and gourmet Salmon and Risotto Dinner that will be on your table in minutes.
As a busy, full-time working mom, I value my time and quiet honestly sometimes I don’t even have it to make 2-3 hours long labor intensive dinner. So great quality convenience is what I am looking for. As someone who is thoughtful about the food I am eating, I love that Bumble Bee SuperFresh® is a complete line of naturally-seasoned, restaurant quality, “fish-forward” prepared seafood solutions for the home. It raises the bar for what seafood lovers can expect from frozen food!
Bonus points for the fact that all their seafood is no mess, and no fuss; just pure perfection, time after time. Their premium Salmon and Tilapia come with their own parchment paper baking pouch and go from freezer to table in under 25 minutes. High in protein, richly seasoned with pure and simple ingredients that let the fish shine through!
Really, you can only imagine how convenient is to open the Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil package and actually find inside parchment paper pouches ready to use. You have no idea how many times I started dinner only to realize that I am missing parchment paper. I found it very convenient, and with my hectic schedule its one less thing to worry about. Slip the Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil into its own parchment (included) and let your oven do the rest. You can even have it for lunch, it’s that easy – and delicious!
It was a breeze to get the fish ready for this salmon and risotto dinner date night. It literally took me 1 minute to get the salmon out of the package, in the parchment paper pouches and into the oven it went. I also loved that the salmon is already marinated in that delicious black pepper, garlic and olive oil mixture. Thats why I actually decided for a garlicky and cheesy risotto. The flavors compliment each other nicely.
I went with Asiago cheese for my risotto and I seasoned it with black truffle salt, added lots of garlic, white wine, and finished it with some green peas for a pop of color and to make it look fancy and like a restaurant meal.
My salmon and risotto dinner was a success, and hubby was super impressed that by the time he hang his clothes after work, got a chance to wash his hands, turn on the tv, dinner was almost ready. We had a very relaxing night, with delicious food like from a high end restaurant. The salmon was flaky, bursting with flavor and the risotto complemented it nicely with its creamy texture, subtle truffle flavor and sweet peas.
Next time when you are in a hurry and looking for a fantastic meal, try this super easy salmon and risotto dinner and you will see for yourself how homemade dinners can we fabulous without hours spent in the kitchen. The key is to use high quality ingredients and a little love 🙂 and wine, lots of wine and cheese 🙂
- 2 Bumble Bee SuperFresh® Salmon with Garlicky Black Pepper and Extra Virgin Olive Oil packages, 2 filets per package
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup white wine
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1½ cup Asiago or Parmesam cheese
- 2-3 teaspoons black truffle salt
- 1 cup frozen sweet peas
- Preheat oven to 400F degrees. Adjust oven rack to the middle position.
- Release salmon filets from the sealed bags and slip them into the provided parchment paper pouches. Seal the pouches, place on a pan (season side up) and bake for 20 minutes. (Instructions are provided on the back of the package as well).
- Measure, chop, and gather all of the ingredients going into your risotto.
- Place sweet peas in a colander under warm water, set aside to drain excess water.
- Warm a 10 inches dutch oven over high-medium heat. When the pan is hot, add 3 tablespoons of butter, stir the butter using a wooden spoon and when melted add the chopped onion. Cook heat until the onion is translucent and begins to break down, 4-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minutes.
- Add the rice and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the pan, cook and stir continuously until every grain is coated with fat. Continue stirring the rice until the edges have turned translucent but the center is still opaque, about 3 minutes.
- Slowly start pouring the wine into the pan to deglaze it. Stir continuously while you pour the wine into the pan. Simmer until the wine has completely reduced and the pan is nearly dry.
- Transfer the broth to a microwavable bowl and warm it in the microwave for 1 minute on high.
- Add slowly the warm broth to the pan, one cup at a time and stir continuously. Wait to add another cup of broth until the liquid has been almost completely absorbed by the rice. Adding the liquid gradually is key to a creamy risotto.
- After 12-13 minutes of cooking taste the rice after to see how far it has cooked. Add black truffle salt now, and taste if you need 2 or 3 teaspoons.
- The risotto is ready when the rice is al dente, it still has a bit of chew and the dish has the consistency of thick porridge.
- When the risotto is cooked, at low heat, add 2 tablespoons of butter, the cheese and the sweet peas.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil and top with the fish. Enjoy!