Feta salad with roasted peppers, creamy avocado, sweet blackberries and juicy tomatoes on a bed of peppery arugula for a colorful summer salad.
This week definitely flew by, I hate it when the time goes by so fast, but at the same time I am happy that the weekend is so close and I will spend quality time with my family. My little boy almost recovered from his surgery, so I don’t have to eat my worry feelings in cake anymore. I can safely have a salad now, especially this feta salad with roasted peppers, creamy avocado and sweet blackberries.
When I picked some juicy and sweet blackberries from the farmers market I knew that I wanted to incorporate them in a salad, what better way to add some sweetness, pop of color and extra antioxidants? I went for a theme with this salad, and the theme is SWEET 🙂 obviously! I got a bag of mini sweet peppers from BJ’s and I can’t have enough of them, I almost finished the bag by myself, those little cute peppers are addicted especially when roasted.
And since the peppers are so tiny they don’t have many seeds, so you don’t have to worry about removing them. I roasted them for 15 minutes in olive oil, or you can grill them, and they become so succulent and sweet that I burned my mouth so many times eating them straight from the pan. Their sweetness and creaminess pairs so well with the saltiness from feta cheese, it’s a combination that almost feels indulgent, but also so fresh and balanced.
Adding come grape tomatoes for more sweetness and summer flavor, this salads becomes a party of different textures and flavors that work so nicely together. Creamy avocado, a simple dressing of olive oil and lemon with some black pepper ties in together with finishing peppery and chewy notes from the bed of fresh arugula that it lays on.
The grilled peppers and juicy blackberries are definitely the ingredients that make this salad shine. It was a big hit in our house for dinner, so satisfying that it can become the centerpiece of you meal. Enjoy it while the fresh summer berries are ripe and juicy!
- 4 cups arugula
- 1 avocado
- ½ cup blackberries
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- ½ cup feta, cubed
- 12 mini sweet peppers
- juicy of one lemon
- olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 370.
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of a baking pan, drizzle with olive oil and lay the peppers on it. Cook for 5-7 minutes on one side, turn and cook on the other side for another 5 minutes. Until the papers are soft and started to acquire a browner skin. The peppers can also be grilled instead of roasted if thats what you prefer.
- Using a good sharp knife slice the tomatoes in halves and cube the feta, or you can use crumbled feta.
- Slice the avocado open vertically and remove the pit. Using just the tip of the knife, slice into the avocado flesh, when cutting slices vertically make sure you don't pierce the skin. Follow the natural curve of the avocado using the tip of the knife. Repeat until you have cut through the entire avocado. Using a spoon, gently scoop the slices out of the shell. Set aside.
- Lay arugula on the bottom of a flat plate and top with tomatoes, peppers, blackberries, avocado and feta cheese.
- Grind salt and pepper on top, drizzle with olive oil and lemon juice.