Gorgeous and easy to make jelly cake with fresh summer flavors and a creamy condensed milk sweet layer that is also perfect for the holiday season.
Happy Friday everyone, the weekend is so so so close. Today is a stressful day, my son is scheduled to undergo surgery, its very routine, for adenoids removal, but you can only imagine how much I worry, he is so little, just 2 years old and has to go thru this. After the surgery he will have to eat cold or chilled food to ease the pain, so I decided to make a jelly cake for him and for us too. I think jelly is so refreshing especially during hot summer days, plus the flavors are endless and it’s so easy to make it.
It was my first time trying to make condensed milk jelly, but OMG its so so fabulous, it tastes a little like flan and creme brulle, just a different texture and so much easier to make.
For a more festive look I used a bundt cake pan, and the cake turned out very sophisticated and looking fancy.
Look at those amazing layers of creamy goodness, its so nice to have the creamy condensed milk layer, it makes this concoction feel like a real cake, it ties together and balances the fruit flavors. By segregating the peach and raspberry layer, you truly get to experience their individual flavors and aromas.
Me and my husband had a slice, and we both agreed that this is a decadent, light and summery dessert.
If you want to experience summer on a plate, indulge yourself with this fabulous, creamy and delicious jelly cake! Also, the possibilities are endless, you can make this with the flavors you love, maybe even add fresh fruits, use single serving cups, or a different pan to make jelly bars, the sky is the limit!
- 1 box raspberry Jello
- 1 box peach Jello
- 2 cans Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 4 envelopes Plain Knox Gelatin
- Nonstick Cooking Spray
- Spray a bundt cake pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- First start with the Peach layer, follow instructions on the package as they may differ based on the brand you use. Usually you just have to mix the package mixture with cold water. Once done, pour it into the bundt pan layer and set in the fridge until jelly is set, 20-30min.
- In a bowl pour one cup of cold water and add in 4 envelopes of plain gelatin, stir to dissolve. Pour sweetened condensed milk into a medium-sized mixing bowl. Add 2 cups of boiling water and whisk by hand until well combined.
- Pour dissolved gelatin mixture into the condensed milk mixture, and whisk util combined. If the mixture is too warm now, leave it on the counter to cool a little, but make sure it doesn't settle. When the mixture cooled a bit, pour it on top of the peach layer. Place in the fridge for 40 minutes, until the creamy milk layer is set. Once its set, start on the Raspberry layer.
- Raspberry Layer: follow the instructions on the package as they may differ based on the brand you use. Usually you just have to mix the package mixture with cold water. Pour it on top of the creamy milk layer and set in the fridge until jelly is set, 20-30min.
- To remove cake from the pan, place the cake into a bowl of hot water for a few seconds, cover with the desired serving dish and turn upside down. Place again in the fridge for one hour before serving.
- If you use a silicone mold you can skip the hot water step as the cake will be very easy to remove.