These homemade Rice Krispies treats with pretzel M&M’s, topped with additional chocolate and salty chocolate pretzels will please any adult or child.
Hello and happy weekend, just popping in to say hello and share a delicious treat we had this morning. I am a little embarrassed to call this a recipe, since its not, just some old fashioned homemade rice krispies treats with some really good add ins that make them super delicious and worth sharing.
This is one delicious combo that I made to munch on over Father’s Day weekend. These are homemade rice krispies treats with many, many pretzels M&M’s mixed in, toped with semi-sweet chocolate and salty chocolate covered pretzels.
Super chewy and the sweet and salty combo is something unusual and unique to experience when eating a rice krispies bar, obviously the chocolate is delicious, the pretzel M&M’s and the chocolate covered pretzels add a very nice crunch. So much texture and deliciousness in every single bite.
- 4 tbsp butter
- 12 oz mini marshmallows
- 6 cups rice krispies cereal
- 2 cups pretzel M&M's
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 2 cups chocolate covered pretzels
- Melt butter in large sauce pan over low heat. Add 10 oz of marshmallows and stir until melted.
- Remove from heat and add cereal and M&M's and remaining marshmallows. Stir until well coated.
- In a 13 x 9 inch pan, place baking paper enough to go over the edges. Using a buttered spatula press the mixture firmly and evenly into the pan.
- Place chocolate in a microwavable bowl, add heavy cream and microwave for intervals of 40 seconds, stirring after each one until the chocolate is melted. Pour the chocolate on top of the rice krispies mixture and distribute evenly.
- Press the chocolate covered pretzels into the chocolate.
- Let it cool, cut into 2 x 2 inch squares and serve.