Soft, dense, thick, loaded with Reese’s cups, peanut M&M’s and covered in chocolate these are the ultimate flourless peanut butter cookies you have to try!
Another day, another cookie recipe. Not just any cookie recipe, but in my opinion one of the best peanut butter cookie recipes. Let’s start with the obvious fact that these are flourless peanut butter cookies, that the recipe calls for 3 ingredients only, that they are a breeze to make, you will need to clean only one bowl, and you can trash them up with so many mix ins and toppings.
These are the most dense and filling cookies you will ever have, soft, crumbly, sweet and very fragrant. Since I am that person who just loves adding “stuff” to her cookies, I have loaded these with mini Reese’s cups and peanut butter M&M’s, basically, its peanut butter, in peanut butter, and again in peanut butter. I think its obvious that you have to like peanut butter to like these cookies, as there is no way to skip it, hide from it, or avoid it, its everywhere, and thats the good thing about them.
And if that crazy amount of mix ins goodness wasn’t enough to make these cookies irresistible, I dipped them in chocolate, ok, in a thick layer of chocolate and covered them in sprinkles, just because I love sprinkles and totally used to eat them by spoon and add them to my morning cereal. I know, I have issues, but I have tasty issues so I am ok “dealing” with them. I also covered some in chocolate and peanut butter M&Ms.
I guess you can see why I call them the ultimate flourless peanut butter cookies, because they are a dream come true, thick, dense, sweet and they host so much peanut butter, that would feed a small family for one week. Your arms can actually get an workout while eating these cookies, they are on the heavy side, here is the exercise: grab the cookie, take a bite, place the cookies on the plate and repeat until the cookie is gone. Total workout I am telling you!
See, these are full of benefits, and they are even high in protein from the peanut butter and eggs, so you just had your workout and the post workout snack at the same time. Double winner for me.
Now go make some, and indulge in every single bite!
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Optional Mix ins
- 1 cup mini Reese's cups
- 1 cum peanut butter M&M's
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cover two baking pans with non stick parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, lightly beat the eggs, add sugar, mix the peanut butter, vanilla and salt until well combined. using a spatula mix in the Reese's cups and ½ cup of peanut butter M&M's.
- Using an ice cream scoop, scoop the mixture balls about 1 inch apart onto the ungreased baking sheets. Flatten the tops with the tines of a fork.
- Bake until golden around the edges, about 12-14 minutes, switching the position of the sheets halfway through baking. Transfer to racks to cool.
- When the cookies have cooled completely melt the chocolate. Bring about an inch of water to a simmer in a saucepan. Set a heatproof bowl in the mouth of the pot, making sure the water doesn't touch the bottom of the bowl. Add the chocolate chips and hot heavy cream (microwave the heavy cream for 1 min before adding). Stir chocolate occasionally as it softens.
- When chocolate is melted, remove bowl from heat, dip in the cookies half way, place back on the cooling rack and decorate with sprinkles or the remaining M&M's. Wait for chocolate to harden before serving.